Wentworth Estate main lake in Winter
 

Contact Us

The Wentworth Estate
Tel: 01344 842819

Estate Security (24/7)
Tel: 07899 984272

 

Members Members

Contact Us

The Wentworth Estate
Tel: 01344 842819

Estate Security (24/7)
Tel: 07899 984272

 

Members Members

Minutes for Wentworth Residents Association
Executive Committee
12th May 2020
 
Present:           Nigel Moss              NM (Chairman)     
                         John Pyle                JP                         
                         Andrea Tenconi      AT                        
                         John Tenconi          JT
                         Phil Andrews           PA
                         Liz Copping             LC
                         Peter Lomas           PL
         
Apologies:  Ian Cox (Club)        IC
 
Minutes:      Helene Parsons      (HP)
 
Welcome and Absences
 
NM opened the meeting via video conference at 16:00 and welcomed attendees with a special welcome to Peter Lomas, who has been appointed to the Committee.  Apologies of absence received from Ian Cox due to last minute IT issues being suffered by the Club.
 
Constituency Representation NM confirmed the modified Constituency Representation as a result of Charles Gonszor and Joe Stratford standing down after the last AGM as well as Neil Coulson and Chris Robbins being appointed to WERC:
 
Upper Wentworth – Andrea Tenconi (+ Treasurer)
Middle Wentworth – John Pyle (+ Vice Chairman)
Lower Wentworth North – Phil Andrews (+ Comms)
Lower Wentworth South – Peter Lomas
Shop Constituency – Liz Copping (+ Events)
Club Constituency – Ian Cox
 
The key purpose for each representative is to engage with residents within their own constituency regarding any queries or issues affecting the Estate and for driving through improvement and positive change in the best interests of residents. NM emphasised the importance of Reps getting to know as many residents as possible within their constituencies and encouraging them to engage in WRA events and the General Meetings.
 
Subject to PA checking any GDPR issues, HP to share data showing properties that are not currently 2020 members. This information to be forwarded to all Constituency Reps.
 
 
 
s.11 Investigation
John Tenconi
The draft s.11 investigation report had been circulated to all members beforehand. AT proposed a minor amendment in regard to Lorna Ponti using a vote in her own favour and this point was agreed to be amended. Thereafter, the draft report was approved unanimously by ExCom.
 
It was discussed how to communicate the approved report. Ultimately, after debate, 2 options were determined: i) publish in full on the website and ii) send the report on request. The first option of posting transparently on the website won by a majority by 5-2.
 
WRA Constitution Reforms
John Tenconi
The draft modifications had been circulated to all members beforehand. The changes were debated and it was agreed that members would digest and feed back to the Secretary by 12th June in advance of ExCom’s next session. 
 
Any modifications will require a 2/3rd approval by the Association. AT suggested that an EGM could be held virtually with the functionality to vote. It was discussed that a live meeting would be preferred because of the importance to rationalise and discuss the modifications plus there is plenty of time prior to the next AGM, typically in Jan/Feb. The advice on such meetings will be monitored and the best medium for an EGM reviewed later in the year.
   
WRA Privacy Policy Update
Phil Andrews
PA is currently reviewing and updating the WRA’s privacy policy as well as the WRA’s Opt-In wording on WERC documentation. PA will propose modifications within 10 days (23rd May) for ExCom’s approval. Once approved, PA will inform the Association via an eNewsletter and include in the WRA section of the website.  
 
Club News
Ian Cox
Unfortunately, due to IC’s absence, Club matters including the Estate Security project and the Wentworth Estate Invitational will be postponed to the next Excom session in June.
 
Events & Local Business Promotions
Liz Copping/Helene Parsons
LC explained her “Wentworth Wardrobe Charity Sale” idea, which was liked by all members. LC and HP have agreed to collect clothing/accessories from residents, and store until a suitable time can be established for the charity sale. LC confirmed that the British Legion Club can provide its venue for the Charity Sale in return for a small donation.
 
Information will be communicated to residents in the next eNewsletter and posted on the website.
 
 
Local/ Neighbourhood Plan Updates
John Pyle
Local Plan
Currently, the Local Plan is stuck in the general lockdown. JP understands that Autumn will be the time the Inspector to announce her views and/or any further consultations.
 
Neighbourhood Plan
The Forum has created a sub-committee with the assistance of fellow resident and architect, Andrew Tyley, to develop a core strategy template with ideas for incorporation into the Plan itself.
 
It is looking likely the Forum will be reverting to the VW residents of in the Autumn with a follow-on questionnaire, relating to individual topics that were raised from the initial questionnaire.
 
Membership Update
Andrea Tenconi
2020 Memberships to-date stands at 384, which is currently sitting at 11% down on previous year.
363 renewals are WERC road rate payers and 21 members made independent payments.
 
Approx 80 road rate payers have delayed paying their rates due to Covid-19 including a number of shop owners. When these payments are made, then the WRA membership is expected to raise to a similar level as 2019. In the interim, HP will inform Constituency Reps of non-payers – subject to GDPR – so they can investigate cases of residents opting out of membership.
 
Current balance on WRA bank account as of 12th May 2020 stands at £65,915.54.
 
Any Other Business Website
NM is keen for the WRA sections of the website to remain topical and to continue loading new content on a regular basis to encourage residents to visit to the site for helpful and informative news, etc. HP to facilitate.
 
Proposed Incinerator
JP has been advised by Surrey CC that there is a private operator looking to establish an incinerator in Kitsmead Lane, next door to the Council-owned site, which is outside of the VW NP area. 
 
Councillors are opposed to this incinerator and will be working towards this application being dismissed. Forum needs to be aware and ready to respond. A petition has been started at change.org and will be communicated to residents in w/c 18th May.
 
NM suggested JP liaise with Rob Shrimplin for a quotation to monitor the application and guide ExCom on how best to robustly challenge this new threat of increasing heavy traffic and air pollution that will affect the Estate.
 
PL raised the question if we should engage with other resident groups that are nearer to the land, eg Longcross? JP to consider with aim of sharing any costs.
 
Liaison Meeting Minutes
It was raised whether the approved minutes of the Liaison Meeting on 24th Feb should be communicated and it was agreed unanimously that they should be loaded onto our website, under Meetings and Reports, for full transparency to members.
 
Date of Next Meeting 16:00hrs, Tuesday, 16th June 2020
 
 
 

Contact Us

The Wentworth Estate
Tel: 01344 842819

Estate Security (24/7)
Tel: 07899 984272

 

Members Members

Address
THE WENTWORTH ESTATE
The Estate office
Wentworth Club
Wentworth Drive
Virginia Water
GU25 4LS
Follow us
twitter icon Instagram icon Facebook icon
Contact us
ESTATE OFFICE LANDLINE
01344 842819
CANNONS SECURITY OFFICE (24/7)
0208 699 9800
PATROL CAR MOBILE (24/7)
07899 984272